To share audience data, a registered
- An endpoint provider registers with
as an audience source. The endpoint declares a contact URL and the personal identifiers and descriptive metadata it can provide. calls the source endpoint to gather audience metadata. displays summary descriptions of the audience and its contents in the interface.
, users select a source audience and destination endpoint. Users also map identifiers and attributes in the source audience to corresponding data in the destination endpoint. users can share the audience immediately, schedule sharing for a later time, or schedule sharing on a recurring basis. calls the source endpoint to get the audience data. The source endpoint uploads the audience over HTTP. can download the audience data to the registered URL for the destination endpoint over HTTP. The destination endpoint can use the Toolkit to pull the audience data from .
- Select an audience. Users search for and select an audience that provides identifiers and attributes that are best suited to achieving a business objective.
- Select a destination. Users select a destination endpoint. Each user can see only the endpoints that are registered with
on behalf of their user account.
- Map identities and attributes. Users map identities and attributes that are present in the source audience to corresponding data that is used in the destination endpoint.
- Share the audience. Users can share the audience immediately, schedule sharing for later, or schedule sharing on a recurring basis. Users can also indicate how
modifies the destination audience. can add records to a new or existing database, replace records in an existing database, or remove specific records from the destination database.
All API requests to
Audience data is shared through
The distinction between audience sharing as PUSH or PULL depends on how the audience data moves between an endpoint and
- PULL-type audience producer.
calls APIs that are hosted and implemented by
the source endpoint. When the source endpoint indicates that data is available,
pulls audience data from the source endpoint.
- PUSH-type audience producer. The source endpoint calls APIs that are hosted by
. When the source endpoint determines that it can make audience data available, the source
endpoint pushes data to
- PULL-type audience consumer. The destination endpoint calls APIs that are hosted by
. When the destination endpoint is ready to accept audience data, it pulls data from .
- PUSH-type audience consumer.
calls APIs that are hosted and implemented by the destination endpoint. pushes audience data to the endpoint when the data is shared by an audience source.
As an endpoint provider, you must declare an endpoint type as part of the endpoint provisioning
and review process when you use the
Updated 6 months ago