Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) UI CaptureThe UI Capture library lets you capture UI interactions directly from an application by capturing user interface and applcation events.
The Tealeaf CX SDKsIntegrate the Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) CX SDKs into your application to generate reports about user behavior in your application. Whenever possible, use the latest version of the Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) SDK software. Before starting the integration, review information about SDK features in your application, APIs in the SDK, messages that are returned in mobile sessions, and instructions about configuring server target page sessions.
Working with use casesThere are three basic uses for Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) UI Capture. You can also develop use cases specific to your needs.
About this taskThese basic use cases are listed in order of increasing capability and complexity:
- Capture browser environment information that is not typically transmitted to the web server. This data set includes:
- Page render time and associated client-side performance timing measurements, as defined in the W3C Navigation Timing specification. See http://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing/.
- The screen resolution of the client computer or device. More browser information can be captured through user agent information that is extracted and evaluated through Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) cxImpact.
ResultsYou can develop your own use cases for Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) UI Capture. Specifically, you identify user activities, error conditions, and success criteria for application use. A robust set of use cases can help with the implementation process and in tracking the results in Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf).
Validating use cases with Client-Side CaptureAcoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) provides the Client-Side Capture utility, which enables the capture of web sessions to the local computer without access to an Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) UI Capture capture deployment. Client-Side Capture (CSC) is useful for capturing use cases in the web application. About this task With CSC, web sessions can be captured and saved to your local computer for later replay in the stand-alone Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) RealiTea Viewer application. You can use CSC to visit all application areas and to capture specific workflows. You use this procedure to validate that Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) UI Capture is properly capturing all requisite elements of the application. Note: Use sessions that are captured by CSC to verify that all user interface events are being captured. If UI events are not being captured, check for the following issues.
- The useCapture setting may be disabled and the Web application is preventing these events from bubbling. Make sure that the useCapture setting is enabled within the Browser service configuration settings.
- The web application is dynamically updating content on the page. The Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) API must be called by the web application so that UI Capture can attach the appropriate event listeners.
Updated 6 months ago